What causes the fever?
- What causes the fever?
• Answer: 1. Toxins secreted by toxic bacteria or degenerating tissues of the body cause the “setting” of the hypothalamic thermostat to rise.
• These toxins are called “pyrogens”. They cause fever.
2. Chills occur when the setting of the thermostat is suddenly changed from the normal level 98.6 F to a higher level (say 103 F) due to pyrogens or other causes.
• When this happens, all the heat promoting mechanisms for increasing the body temperature operate at full force such as vasoconstriction, increased metabolism and shivering.
• This continues until the body temperature reaches the thermostat set level.
• The temperature remains high until the cause is removed. When this happens, the person’s skin becomes warm and he begins to sweat.
• This is known as the crisis. The temperature then decreases.
Pre-disposing causes of fever:
• Improper Diet - meat, rich spicy food, overeating
• Poor Ventilation
• Improper Clothing
• Damp Surroundings
• Lack of Cleanliness
• Lack of Water (H2O)
• Lack of Exercise in Open Air
(According to E.G. White, Healthful Living, Chapter 32, Fevers & Acute Diseases).
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Natural Remedies Questions.