Home remedies for varicose veins
• There are several home remedies for varicose veins,but first let us review couple of facts about the reasons for them.
• Dr. Denis Burkitt found that varicose veins, hemorrhoids, Diaphragmatic hernia and bowel diverticulosis are the result of intra-abdominal pressure, which must "evolve" in people with small and rigid, abnormal stools (i.e., the lack of fiber in diet).
• Varicose veins are caused by thinning of the walls of the veins due to an increase in the pressure on the blood inside the veins. They may have a poor cosmetic appearance. They may cause pain, especially at the time of the menstrual period or on long standing. They occasionally become injured or inflamed, producing phlebitis and thrombosis.
• TREATMENT with home remedies for varicose veins:
Strategy: Relieve pressure on the blood to the lower extremities by reducing intraabdominal pressure and by reducing the amount of time spent in standing.
Getting rid of varicose veins:
1.15 minutes brisk walk 4 times a day helps on the activities of the veins ,which helps them for better transporting the blood to the hearth.
Exercise:Walk enough or work at outdoor labor sufficiently each day to keep the leg muscles firm and the circulation good in the legs.
2. The best prevention and real home remedies for varicose veins is to have enough fiber in the diet. Full, inflated intestine pushes the veins in the abdominal cavity and through them the increased pressure is transmitted to the veins of the lower extremities.
3. We need to have proper stool. Hard stool increases pressure in the venous system of lower limbs and long term affects the development of varicose veins ...
Avoid constipation. Straining to pass a bowel movement will markedly elevate intraabdominal pressure, causing or aggravating varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and colon diverticula. More for relieving constipation you can read here...
4. Do not use knee-socks, stockings or anything else which tighten the legs leaving distinct traces on the skin and it reduces your normal blood circulation in the legs.
Clothing: Keep the extremities warm at all times to keep the tissues healthy.
5. Avoid hot baths and excessive sunbathing. This raises the venous wall weakness and accumulation of blood.
6. Do not hinder the natural flow of blood (eg. long sitting motionless with curved knees). Every hour, get up, for 4-7 minutes you can do some exercises for your legs, and take a walk.
7. Swimming is an ideal sport. Hydrostatic water pressure helps the muscles to "push" the blood to the heart, limbs are relieved. When we are swimming there is evelvement of the lungs, heart and many muscle groups.
8. Walking barefoot improves blood flow and also helps for exercising the leg muscles.
9. Sitting with legs crossed at the knees is inappropriate, because it reduces blood circulation.
Use the following techniques for sitting in a chair:
10. For longer time of seating do not forget to practice the fingers of your feet.
11. Relaxation with your feet in a raised position facilitates the return of blood to the heart.
12. Similarly, work 5-6 deep breaths several times a day.Deep breathing encourages the return of the blood from the lower extremities. With deep inspiration there is a strong negative pressure developed in the chest which pulls blood into the chest, allowing decongestion of the veins of the legs.
13. During pregnancy (when the fetus presses on the lower vena cava - inferior vena cava - in the abdominal cavity) it is appropriate to spend some time every day (eg during reading) on the knees and elbows (or on your palm) with humped back.(But first surely you need to consult your doctor). So it is possible to lighten to the venous system.
14. If the varicose veins are acutely painful, lie down and put your legs in a position that they are 15 cm above heart level. Then apply a warm poultice to the legs.
Keep one or both feet propped up to relieve tension and fatigue of the back (a substitute for crossing the legs).
Reduce the size of the legs if there is any excess fat. Fat is not firm tissue and does not give the support for veins that muscle, skin, and fibrous tissue give. Also, there is invariably fatty infiltration of muscle, skin, and fibrous tissue. The fat weakens the tissues causing them to become less firm
15. It is recommended a diet low in fat. Proper diet is to prevent unfavorable changes in blood( eg. thickening)
16. It is recommended to take hot shower twice daily(except your legs), which you will end with a shower with cold water to the legs and light massage with towel in the direction of the heart.
17. Light massage (only with your fingers) from the ankle to the thigh, and towards the heart to help stimulate the blood flow.
• Other advices:
Avoid overeating or over drinking.
Do not allow any bands or belts across the abdomen that are tight enough to leave even a faint mark.
Swelling of the legs is caused by an accumulation of fluid in the tissues. To reduce the swelling it is necessary to reduce the pressure which may be either hydrostatic or osmotic in type. Hydrostatic pressure is relieved by elevating the feet. Osmotic pressure is relieved by drinking water to promote a diuresis, reducing one's salt intake, and maintaining a proper protein level in the blood.
Treatment of painful varicose veins may be done by wrapping with ace bandages, use of elastic stockings, hot and cold leg baths, and by elevation of the feet.
Occasionally, varicose ulcers develop. The unna boot is the best treatment for the chronic varicose ulcer. Rarely surgery is necessary for such late and chronic complications.
We need to limit long standing, sitting on our heels, long sitting on a chair, legs crossing..
Daub your legs with apple vinegar in the direction of the heart.More about vinegar you can read here...
During inflammation you can put potato poultice.
You can use stinging nettle, male fern and buckwheat tea. More about this herbal remedies you can read here…
-When to Contact a Medical Professional:Call for an appointment with your health care provider if:
• Varicose veins are painful
• They get worse or do not improve with self-treatment,
• Complications occur, including a sudden increase in pain or swelling, fever, redness of the leg, or leg ulcers
References for "home remedies for varicose veins":
1.Phipps, op. cit., str. 594-600.
-MUDr. Igor Bukovský- Mini encyclopedia of natural healing
-Agatha M. Thrash, M.D. -Preventive Medicine
Key Words: varicose veins treatments • home remedies for varicose veins• Poultice, exercises, circulation
Internal links in "natural-remedies-healthy-lifestyle.com":
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.